DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
- Your personal data – what is it?
“Personal data” is any information about a living individual that allows them to be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
- Who are we?
Nosey Barker who is the data controller provides this Privacy Notice to you. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Nosey Barker works with a number of different organisations and office-holders that work together to deliver services. Nosey Barker works together with:
As Nosey Barker is made up of all of these persons and organisations working together, we may need to share personal data we hold with them so that they can carry out their responsibilities to you.
Nosey Barker sends this Privacy Notice to you on our own behalf and on behalf of each of the data controllers. In the rest of this Privacy Notice, the word “we” is used to refer to any data controller.
- How do we process your personal data?
Nosey Barker complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To deliver Training to you that you have signed an agreement for or completed a registration form.
- To enable us to meet all legal and statutory obligations;
- To administer our records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of Nosey Barker;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- To inform you of news, events and activities run by Nosey Barker;
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Most of our data is processed because it is necessary to fulfil our contractual (this can be written, or verbal) obligations;
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events and activities.
- Sharing your personal data
your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. It will only be shared with third parties where it is necessary for the performance of our tasks or where you first give us your prior consent.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for the length of time that you contract us to provide services (Dog Training).
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Nosey Barker holds about you;
- The right to request that Nosey Barker corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Nosey Barker to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Kim Kaye, 13 Canons Gate, Harlow, Essex, CM20 1QE or email@example.com
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.